Featured
Evelyne A Osp

Verified Buyer

| map-marker Chicago, Illinois

PAINFUL HORSE TEETH - 700 $ - WORST EXPERIENCE EVER !!

Instasmile - PAINFUL HORSE TEETH - 700 $ - WORST EXPERIENCE EVER !!
Explore video interviews
Advertisements
Updated by user Oct 25, 2023

They won’t refund the full amount

Original review Oct 18, 2023
PAINFUL HORSE TEETH - 700 $ - WORST EXPERIENCE EVER !! Extremely big and Uneven I asked for straight A Promise in advertising hugely Total mis-buy / fake / scam Bad fit crucially painful Communication disaster Dont do what they say in email either Dont do anything keep dragging on Sent hundreds of emails Now they say they will finally send less then half of what I paid back And keep changing date of when I will receive Probably wont send at all either !

My own teeth are not to bad, they could have EASILY done better if they knew anything about it !!! With this clip in I look like a complete f'd up sucker. ITS SERIOUS BULLYING !!!

Bad reviews won't show up on Youtube where they mass advertise and have a lot of fake reviews. The vid you upload will never show up the ones you found of others are missing !!
This is INSTASMILE at address Fish Drive as below (the correct address I found on their website was not a choice on this site)
Smile Horizon Inc
123 Fish Drive
Angier, NC
27501
PAINFUL HORSE TEETH - 700 $ - WORST EXPERIENCE EVER !!
Loss:
Cons:
  • Fake extremely bad buy of 700 for 2 halloween veneers

User's recommendation: NO WAY !!! ITS MONEY IN THE GARBAGE

Evelyne A Osp

IMPORTANT UPDATE: There are some tricks that are used at Instasmile for them to stay out of trouble. I have received a cancellation email.

1> They note your complaint as "cancelled" when you don't give up and keep asking refund. Trouble is that it is then possible to in that case note you down as "not a customer", (especially when they delete your account like with me and many others). If you search online at "bad reviews Instasmile" you indeed find their stories about complaints from people who are not a customer. I don't think they have done this with me yet, but I can feel it coming.

The refund I was promised time and time again, along being promised a new impression kit, did not come, neither did the kit of course. 2 > The payment through partial.ly is a sham. The problem here is that Partial.ly does not want to communicate with complaining consumers, and does not at all take ANY responsibility that way for taking your money under false pretenses. Partial.ly even has the nerve to delete included email addresses to mention they should be contacted instead of Partial.ly.

Much like Instasmile "nothing but Baloney" to get out of it. Dragging on for ever to make sure the time to get the bank to pull the money back is over (to late) and so much confusion they might even sound like they really tried or really go by the rules. Well as an update : at this time I have not received my refund. I was told to receive a few days ago (having taken about a month then).

I have received a new email after again sending email after email about wanting the refund. It again said "the decided to give a refund" but added it was "for cancellation". IN THEIR BOOK of lies it probably is written that a cancellation is not a full refund because of god knows so many reasons. I how ever did not cancel.

I had a piece of Halloween 2 dollar trash FOR THE PRICE OF 700 DOLLARS. An upper bad and a lower bad veneer. Look at my pictures. DOES THAT LOOK LIKE ITS WORTH A PENNY EVEN ?

IT ONLY LOOKS LIKE A LAW SUIT My buy has a legal right to be treated like an official and full complaint, and a full refund. Not a partial baloney refund due a baloney cancellation rule.

Michael P Beh

| map-marker Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Confirmation of impressions

Sent my impression pics in on April 5, 2024. You said you would get back to me in no later than 3 business days. Havent heard from you and its now April 14. Should I cancel my order and request a refund or what??? I ordered back in December 2023. Was really looking forward to my veneers. Ticket # 805946 Michael Patterson

User's recommendation: Don’t buy from them. Ordered back in December 2024 and still haven’t received my veneers.

Featured
JEANNELE L

Damaged my tongue and instasmile wont refund

Damaged my tongue and instasmile wont refund

I received the instasmile veneers and I emailed instasmile to tell them they were bulky and unrealistic. They sent me another impression kit without me asking.

After wearing them for a couple weeks the open part on the back of the veneers began scraping the underside of my tongue while talking and eating.The scraping became so unbearable and the underside of my tongue hurt so bad and was so swollen that I went to my dentist and he advised me to stop wearing them immediately and not use their product again. I emailed instasmile customer service and they said I was in the middle of a remake and they dont issue refunds during the remake process. I did not request a remake and made it clear to instasmile what my dentist said. Their advertisement said you can eat, drink and wear them all day with no pain.

This is not the case. Now the under side of my tongue is permanently numb from the scraping and I even sent them pictures proving the damage to my tongue. Please dont use them they do not care about you as a customer and the product is not what they advertise.

Mine slip off when talking and they alter the way I talk and its very noticeable. They are bulky and awful to wear.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Bad customer service
  • Pain

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do not get scammed by instasmile!

Bobbie M Kox

Pissed

Instasmile - Pissed

I'm only giving it a 1 star because I have to do I can write this review. I would give it no stars if I could.

I am so upset right now. I choose this company because I thought they would be great from reading the reviews and after all the research I did. Well I talked to someone from the company that told me to send my unopened kit back because it would be too difficult and wouldn't look good on me. Let me add that I paid an extra 100.00 dollars for the express service.

I was looking forward to getting some of my confidence back and being able to smile again. I was an addict for years and have been in recovery for 6 years now, so this smile meant everything to me. Well I was a little hurt but I took the kit and sent it back unopened as I was told so that I could get my refund. Well it's been days since I have and they are saying that they still have not received it.

I didn't know to get a tracking number. I have been trying to get my money back for days. I have talked to people in chat and still no refund. Today I spoke with a chat agent named Meghan.

She ended the chat twice and said that she had other customers to help that once they receive the kit then they would start the refund process. I wish I would have thought to screenshot the first conversation. When she ended the chat I immediately reached back out and got the same girl and I took screenshots of the 2nd conversation were she ended the chat again. I feel completely lost right now.

I suggest anyone who is unsure and doing research as I did to rethink this company. They are so fast with charging your card but don't want to stand behind their policy. I have never been treated like this. I would suggest pop on veneers.

I wish I would have chosen them. Spare your self.

They don't stand by what they claim. I'm so upset.

User's recommendation: -10

Sarah S Tus

| map-marker Chicago, Illinois

Never received order. Zero stars!

Original review Nov 05, 2023
What a pitiful dirty rotten scam. I gave these people $360 on my well earned money and I received nothing, what's worse is I went through Klarna now both companies want money for me. Instasmile has not responded to my many texts, my many emails and my many phone calls in months. Someone needs to stop them before they rip more people off. According to their records I received veneers then why am I so upset, because I never received anything. If I were wearing them now I'd have nothing to report. DO NOT OFFER FROM INSTASMILE! TOTAL RIPOFF!!!
Loss:
Cons:
  • Thought this would actually help

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Run, don't walk. RIPOFF!

Austin H Edn

Verified Reviewer

Took my money and never contacted me again

This company stole my money, they sent me the initial tray. Stated it was wrong and I would need to retake and provide a bottom tray. After that I never heard from them again. Said they would calle in two days that was a week ago. Said they would send another tray nothing. They don't respond to calls or emails.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Scam

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Avoid, find a better choice

map-marker Indianapolis, Indiana

Refund refusal

Impressions were repeatedly rejected by instasmile then when I asked for a refund they refused to refund me even though no veneers had be made.

User's recommendation: Do not give your money

Jennifer A Hse

Canceled order

I purchased instasmile awhile ago and have sent in several impressions. I kept getting rejected so I took a break for awhile due to work and other things.

I have purchased two other impression kits at this time. The most recent allowing you to reuse if not correctly done. I did send in one from the new kit and I cant remember but one of the either top or bottom had an issue again. I redid the expression and sent it in to receive an email saying I have exceeded the time limit or something to this nature and have had my account canceled.

I am pretty upset and discouraged by this company to continue rejecting my impressions and even after purchasing two new kits and a reusable one and upgrading due to missing teeth. then again rejected and told my account is cancelled. I Will someone look into this for me.

How can you just keep rejecting and then say its too late. I looked every where on the website and googled how long do you have to get impressions approved but nothing came up you had 12 months.

Preferred solution: My instasmile

Sheraine A
map-marker Gainesville, Florida

Buyer Beware

During our initial correspondence, I explicitly took pictures of the gaps in my teeth. At that time, you assured me that I was a suitable candidate for the veneers.

Seven days later, I was told that they would be slightly bigger to address the gaps. I asked them why wasnt I told this before? I wouldve never purchased it. The person in customer service sent pictures of what it would look like slightly bigger and said I could only get half my money back as a refund , if I decided not to move forward.

I decided to continue the process.

Upon receiving the veneers, I was surprised to discover that one side of the veneers was slanted. This discrepancy was not conveyed to me beforehand, leading me to believe that the veneers would be proportionate and suitable for my needs. As a professional in the field, I expect Instasmile to have accurately assessed the situation and provided me with transparent information from the outset. I trusted the companies expertise and went ahead with the purchase based on the belief that these veneers would be a suitable solution for my dental concerns.

Regrettably, the veneers I received do not fit properly, and it is evident that they are not suitable for use.

Considering the circumstances, I kindly requested a full refund for the unsatisfactory veneers or that the veneers be redone to align with the original expectations we discussed. I believe this would be a fair resolution to rectify the situation and ensure customer satisfaction.

I was told veneer did fit my teeth so that mean they met requirement and case was closed.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Cheaper than real veneers
Cons:
  • Does not work when you have teeth gaps

map-marker Randolph, Massachusetts

Instasmile canceled my order

I have purchased two other impression kits at this time. The most recent allowing you to reuse if not correctly done. I also upgraded because I was told I had a lot of missing teeth so I needed to upgrade. I redid the expression and sent it in to receive an email saying I have exceeded the time limit and have had my account canceled.

I am pretty upset and discouraged by this company to continue rejecting my impressions and even after purchasing reusable kit and then again rejected and told my account is cancelled. I Will someone look into this for me.

How can you just keep rejecting and then say its too late. I looked every where and never seen there 12 month cancelation policy .

User's recommendation: Get my veneers

Resolved
Melissa M Uqb

Verified Reviewer

Resolved: Why won’t you accept my impressions

Updated by user Jul 13, 2023

Company resolved the issue.

Original review Jun 06, 2023

I am pretty upset and discouraged by this company to continue rejecting my impressions and even after purchasing two new kits and then again rejected and told my account is cancelled. I paid over prob $700 at this point. Will someone look into this for me.

How can you just keep rejecting and then say its too late. I dont have money to just throw away.
Loss:

Preferred solution: I would just like the service I paid for however I keep getting rejected when i send in my teeth impressions.

map-marker Shanghai, Shanghai

Ripped off by Instasmile

They repeatedly rejected my impression images, then deleted my account and refused to deliver anything. Do not order anything from this company, they're scammers.

User's recommendation: Do not do business with InstaSmile, they're not trustworthy.

Monterio Mgo
map-marker Hastings, East Sussex

Excellent service

Excellent service from Jordon at instasmile. Took time to explain everything in-depth to me. Paid by credit card and explained what I had to do etc

User's recommendation: I highly recommend getting these clip ones from. Instasmile

Kimberly W Dxo

Verified Reviewer

The top plate veneer too tight in my mouth cutting gum

I just got a replacement set of veneers because the first one's broke very easily I've received the veneers but now the top plate is too tight and is cutting into my gum. Can we please get this issue resolved thank you?

Preferred solution: A new top veneer plate.

Latisha R Ufu

Impressions

No one called in a week about helping me with my impressions! I need to talk to someone so I can ship impressions

Preferred solution: Price reduction

Jerome L Yun

| map-marker Kalamazoo, Michigan

Been waiting on the product for months

Well I accidentally filed a claim with the bank and have since retracted the claim over a month ago you guys are telling me you know you havent received the money when the bank never took it out and I have the proof of that what youre telling me youre not gonna send my product so either give me a refund or send the product
Keandrea Tzy

| map-marker Tampa, Florida

Never received impressions

It has been almost two years, still havent received my impression. Or heard from anyone. Worst experience ever
Guest

Why have you waited two years before doing a review ?

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article